Sometimes I go back and read my blogs and see there are words missing that I meant to fill in later, lines that don't make any sense, rambling and getting off-topic...all of these stylistic errors. But I don't write my blogs like essays. I write them as a stream of consciousness. I purge my words and move on... it's my way of decluttering my mind--of stresses, worries, memories, voices, reminders. Because my mind is the biggest obstacle in my life. I realized not too long ago that the brain is fragile and that I can't wait for everything to resolve itself. I have to make the effort to do so otherwise I find things from the past creeping back into the present, occupying my every thought. My mind takes control of me and sometimes makes me someone I can't even begin to recognize, and I say or do things that I wouldn't in otherwise normal situations.
Occasionally, I will go back and change/edit/add things in order to get more of that cathartic feeling, or to clear things up for myself--but rarely for grammar, punctuation, and all that jazz.
But essentially, I write to get the private, raw truth and not some well-told partial
truth to deflect reality. Sure, I filter what I say at times, only
because there are things that are far too shocking to let out on a blog
with thousands of readers. But I share what I can when I need to.
I write what I think will bring me some semblance of peace.
Everything I post online has been proofread by my internal editor. Statuses, images, links shared, everything. It is all one carefully crafted image. It's not a reflection but a carefully published advertisement for me.
ReplyDeletehaha, I have to silence my internal editor when I'm getting things out--writing for peace of mind. Otherwise, we don't get along.
ReplyDelete